Enroll Today at MMLA

Start Enrollment

Parent Resources

Learn More

School Calendar

View Now

The Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy

Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy (MMLA) is a public school academy in Lansing, MI serving students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. MMLA’s goal is to provide an environment where all students can achieve success to their fullest potential.

MMLA affords families in the greater Lansing area a tuition free alternative education option to their local district. MMLA provides dynamic options to all grades and works to ensure the success of all students. A fully integrated PBIS1 program, MTSS2 program, Special Education Services, and a college-bound focus are just a few highlights of the school. In addition, continuous monitoring of student’s achievement is done through NWEA MAP3  growth assessments, DRAs4, and progress monitoring. These assessments allow teachers, parents and students to know exactly where to focus in order to achieve at high levels.

Highly Qualified and Certified Teachers and School Staff work together with the Board of Directors to fulfill Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy’s goal to provide an environment where all students can achieve success at their fullest potential.

  1. Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
  2. Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
  3. Northwest Evaluation Association, Measures of Academic Progress
  4. Developmental Reading Assessments

MMLA Summer Radio Advertisement

Download Script

Enroll Today!

History

Established as Mid-Michigan Public School Academy (MMPSA) in 1996 under the authorization of Central Michigan University’s Governor John Engler’s Center for Charter Schools, MMPSA was one of the first charter schools in Michigan. MMPSA changed their name to Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy in 2006. In addition to MMLA’s historic start as one of the first charter schools in Michigan, their campus also has some interesting history. MMLA is located on the historic site of the former Michigan Female College (1855-1869) and former Michigan School for the Blind’s (1879-1996) academic campus. This site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2018.